This grant program provides Trust beneficiaries with a broad range of equipment, supplies and services to improve their quality of life, increase independent functioning and help them attain and maintain healthy and productive lifestyles. These may include, but are not limited to, therapeutic devices, access to special health care, and other supplies or services that might improve an individual’s ability to function in the community and become self-sufficient.
The Trust awards mini grants with an annual limit of one application of up to $2,500 per beneficiary depending upon need. Mini grants are only awarded to an agency on behalf of an individual.
- People with mental illness
- People with chronic alcoholism and/or other substance related disorders
- People with a traumatic head injury resulting in permanent brain injury
The guidelines for the Behavioral Health Mini Grant Programs have been updated for FY18. The updates are intended to provide clarification and better align with how successful grant applications have been funded.
Updates to the Behavioral Health Mini Grant Guidelines:
- Clarified that mini grants are awarded on the state fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- Clarified that individuals are limited to one (funded) grant per fiscal year.
- Added language pertaining to community agencies with multiple geographical locations.
- Revised the funding limit for computers and laptops.
- Added language pertaining to requests for housing assistance.
- Added information on what documentation must be supplied upon approval of mini grant requests for vehicle repair.
- Clarified language that describes the type of education-related requests that will be considered for funding.
- Revised the funding limit for mattresses and bed frames.
- Added information for beneficiaries interesting in establishing their own business.
- Added language to the Examples of Non-Allowable Items section to include vehicles and related expenses, ongoing housing-related expenses, and general education-related expenses.
How to apply
Mini grants are awarded monthly. Applications must be received by the close of business on the 15th of each month. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline rolls to the next business day.