The board of trustees of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority has established a finance committee to assist the board in the financial oversight of and strategic financial planning for the Trust.
The role of the finance committee will be to complete the following activities in consultation with the chief executive officer, chief financial officer, and others as necessary:
- Develop or recommend investment and financial management policies for approval by the board;
- Oversee the implementation of approved investment and financial management policies on behalf of the board in accordance with Trust statutes and regulations and the committee charter adopted by the board;
- Monitor budget status and investment performance on an ongoing basis;
- Advise the board regarding improving effectiveness and efficiency of financial management activities;
- Review the Trust’s memorandum of agreement (MOA) with the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation as outlined in the MOA or not less than every 3 years and recommend for approval to the board of trustees;
- Review the Trust’s MOA with the Department of Revenue as outlined in the MOA or not less than every 3 years and recommend for approval to the board of trustees; and
- Provide the committee’s written input and feedback to the CEO in support of the annual performance evaluation of the chief financial officer.
Please click here for the charter of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority’s board committees.
A public comment period during Trust committee meetings may be scheduled based upon recommendations of staff. Public Comment periods allow individuals to inform and advise the board about issues, problems or concerns. See our public comment guidelines for details and how to participate. To help the public comment period be more efficient and effective, please participate via the webinar links below.
Chief Operating Officer